This is my review of the best Adidas basketball shoes in 2021.
Look good. Feel good. Play good. The shoes you wear while playing basketball help fulfill that statement. You want a shoe that turns heads at the gym, keeps your feet comfortable for hours and helps you perform better on the court.
For basketball players today, the shoes you wear on the court are no longer “just shoes.” They are an extension of the technology we use everyday and are specially designed to optimize your game.
Are signature shoes worth the money? What materials deliver the best performance results? We’ve found the top Adidas basketball shoes and analyzed the information you need to make the right choice.
- If cushion is important to you, Adidas Boost is a great feature. The Harden Vol. 3 has the perfect combination of court feel and shock absorption. The low top design also makes you feel quick and light.
- Maybe you have your eyes set on the future when it comes to your kicks. If so, the N3XT L3V3L shoes are what you need. It is a completely lace-free knit design that doesn’t sacrifice comfort or lockdown.
- The best bang for your buck is the Pro Bounce Madness model. A combination of multiple shoes pt into one, these have high performing bounce cushioning and responsive traction.
Who Should Get This?
It doesn’t matter if you are an All-Star or a weekend warrior, you want to play your best. Basketball is only getting faster and more explosive.
Upgrading your footwear on the court can increase how long you can play, how sore you are the next day, and how well you move in games. That means you need to have shoes that protect you.
Paying for your next pair of basketball shoes is an investment in your on-court longevity. Adidas helps with that while also providing stylish designs. You also don’t have to sacrifice look or feel.
To be sure you’re choosing the best shoe for your game, there are a few things you need to think about.
What kind of player are you? You don’t have to be as good as the pros wearing the same shoes, but play style is a factor.
If you play a fast game, your shoe needs to allow you to make quick shifts to the right and left. Feeling low to the ground is also important when it comes to playing as fast as you can.
Are you a high flyer? Shock absorption is also key when it comes to landing after a tall jump.
Your shoe needs to help harness and redistribute energy every time you move up the court.
The following shoes cover many bases. However, they are generally meant for hardwood inside a gym. If you are exclusively a streetball player, there are other options out on the market.
Best Adidas Basketball Shoes: Our Picks
It features a laceless, knit upper that gives you a premium lockdown on the court in addition to a herringbone patterned outsole that allows for quick cuts.
- The best thing about these shoes is how futuristic they look – who needs laces anymore?
- Despite the lack of laces, the lockdown feels great and gives you complete control when starting and stopping.
- This shoe also boasts possibly the best iteration of Adidas Bounce cushioning yet. Bounce soles help you maintain explosiveness all game long.
- Since there are no laces, if you don’t buy the perfect size you may not feel as secure while playing.
- Who doesn’t swell with pride when they have the same shoes as their favorite player?
- Boost cushioning makes the shoe light in a way that doesn’t sacrifice joint protection.
- Low court feel and excellent traction improve your ability to make surprise cuts and breaks.
- Extremely low top that leaves ankles too exposed for some players
This is the perfect shoe for players who want high quality materials and advanced performance at an affordable price. The Pro Bounce Madness sneakers are an adapted version of the Adidas running shoe; AplhaBounce. Essentially, these are running shoe with extra muscle to provide extra support during a game.
- You are sure to turn heads at the gym thanks to the stylish footwear.
- A sleek design includes a flexible, breathable knit upper that gives great protection to all parts of your foot.
- The traction pattern on these shoes is really aggressive, making them ideal for feisty defenders who like to play for hours on end.
- Highly susceptible to dusty floors and long break in time.
Nobody wants to buy new shoes every month. To prevent that, invest in high-quality sneakers and take care of them as well as you can.
Amateurs often play on courts that are not as big, or as well-maintained, as professional gyms. That can lead to your shoes getting stepped on or scuffed up quite easily.
Watch this short video to learn how to protect your shoes and keep them looking fresh day in and day out.
There is a lot to love about Adidas hoop shoes. While there are many great features, the cushion options truly stand out from the pack. The footwear provide a great amount of versatility as well.
It does not matter if you like to rock the signature shoes like the pros, or if you want to pick up a premium budget model, the brand has you covered.