This is my review of the best basketball shoes for flat feet in 2021.
All you wanted was to enjoy the game of basketball! Of course—you didn’t ask for it—flat feet!
But, it has gradually become a torn in your flesh, especially when you play on the court! Thus, you have gotten used to the discomfort and pain you feel—whenever you play the game!
But that shouldn’t be the case!
You can have flat feet and still enjoy the game of basketball—without feeling pains or getting uncomfortable—you can ask James Harden how he does it, anytime you see him.
It’s simple! Get the perfect basketball shoes for your flat feet, and the rest will be history.
There’s good news for you.
We’ll be talking extensively about the best basketball shoes for flat feet and giving you a comprehensive buying guide—which will help your decision making easier.
We did a round check for hundreds of basketball shoes in the market. And five met our requirements for ankle support, soft exterior, and interior sole.
- The Nike Men’s Air Overplay IX is an excellent choice if you’re looking for shoes that will protect your ankles while playing. Plus, the shoes provide robust structural support to avoid injuries in the event of an impact.
- If you’re looking for lightweight shoes that will offer breathability for your flat feet while you’re on the court, then the Under Armour Men’s Torch Fade will be a great choice to consider.
- You should consider getting the Adidas Men’s Dual Threat if you’re looking for shoes whose midsole provides sufficient cushioning for your flat feet.
Who Should Get This?
Whether you play amateur basketball or you’re a professional player with flat feet, you should consider getting any of the shoes listed in this article.
Basketball players that suffer a lot of pains and discomfort during play because of their flat feet will enjoy the game better—with shoes that have soft soles—specially made for flat-footed basketball players.
But that’s not all!
It’s important to note that not all shoe designs are ideal for all feet. Thus, if you have flat feet, it’s advisable to always confirm if you’re buying the right shoes—before purchasing.
Fortunately, all the shoes in this article are great for basketball players with flat feet. If you have regular feet, you can still pick the shoes here.
The Best Basketball Shoes for Flat Feet: What to Consider?
Here are the few factors to consider before buying the best basketball shoes for flat feet.
Design and Comfort
The support and comfort of basketball shoes mean a lot to players with flat feet. The reason is simple. It’s what separates them from regular basketball shoes.
Shoes with appropriate support relieve basketball players with flat feet—from pain while they play the game.
If you’ve flat feet as a basketball player, you’ve to look for shoes with supportive uppers and cushioning designs—to enjoy comfort.
To enjoy stability while you’re on the court, you need to look out for shoes that come with excellent ankle support. That way, you can be sure that your ankle wouldn’t make awkward shifts while on the court.
Soft and durable flat soles are a must-have for players suffering from flat feet. They take the exact shape of your feet and help to absorb any impact on the court—while jumping or sprinting. That way, you’ll get more comfort and cushioning effect at the bottom of your feet without feeling any pain.
Best Basketball Shoes for Flat feet: Our Picks
Here’re our top three picks for best basketball shoes for flat feet.
But there’s more!
It comes with a superb arch and ankle support that brings ample support and cushioning to your ankle during play. Also, the engineers used the Nike Air technology on an encapsulated heel.
What does that mean for players with flat feet?
Your feet will experience simpler cushioning, in the event of an impact, during a game. As a result, you’ll feel more comfortable in every game. You can do many hours of play, without feeling any hurt around your heels or joints.
With these shoes, you can be sure that a little drizzling or wet grass won’t damp your socks. Why? The engineers made them from breathable and light-weight components.
For maximum comfort, you can insert custom orthotics as you possibly remove the thin layer of the sole padding.
The only snag about the shoes is its high cost and scarcity. Finding the shoes in stock could be difficult sometimes as Nike is slightly fazing them out.
What We Like:
- Fantastic cushion support
- Possess Breathe tech construction
- The rubber outsole is sturdy
- Maneuvering is easy
What We Don’t Like
- It’s pricey
One great feature of the Under Armour Men’s Torch Fade is its lightweight, which makes you feel as if you aren’t wearing anything. These pair of shoes will give absolute comfort to your feet most times because of its top quality toe cap and molded foam heel.
But that’s not all!
You’ll enjoy maximum stability and support during a game—because the manufacturer created the shoes to wrap around your Achilles tendon and ankles.
It also comes with solid synthetic leather, which may look cheap from the image, but it’s a lot better in person. Plus, you can wear it for a long time on the court without feeling any discomfort or pain.
The cushion of the shoes is superb as it absorbs every impact during a game as well as delivers enough response while you run up and down the court.
The engineers at Under Armour designed the shoes in a way that it prevents your ankles from rolling. This feature is responsible for giving your feet a stable lockdown—which is appreciated by players with flat feet.
What We Like:
- Shoe is lightweight
- Incredible traction both inside and outside
- Fantastic shock absorber
- Great sock liner that keeps your feet during a game
- Ankle support is superb
What We Don’t Like:
- A bit too expensive, even though it gives you value for money
But there’s more to the shoes!
It comes with a lightweight foam material in the collar. With this, you can rest assured that your feet won’t get crowded or have a bulky feel.
Also, the shoes come with the appropriate amount of thickness that provides enough cushioning comfort to your flat feet during a game.
That’s not all.
Your feet will enjoy more air circulation during play, thanks to its upper mesh material. Also, the shoes stay in place while you’re on the court because of its forefoot webbing. And it’s circular pattern provides excellent traction.
What We Like:
- Stylish design
- Snug fit
- Great bounce on the court
- Cushion support is great
What We Don’t Like:
- Traction may sometimes fail when you play outdoors
How to Get Rid of the Bad Smell from Your Basketball Shoes
Here are five ways to get rid of unpleasant smell:
- Find the cause of the Smell and deal with it accordingly. For instance, you can take out damaged insoles and dry them, if they are the cause of the smell.
- Put your shoes out in the sun or near a heater to dry them out. That way, you’ll hinder the bacterial growth that causes the unpleasant smell.
- Next, drop your shoes in a plastic bag and freeze them overnight. Low temperatures kill the bacteria producing the odor.
- Apply baking soda in smelly shoes and leave it overnight to absorb before cleaning it out the next morning.
- Leave fresh orange, lemon peel or grapefruit in the offensive shoes throughout the night.
Overall, the best basketball shoes for flat feet depends on your choice and personal preferences, irrespective of their fantastic individual features.
Thus, it’s key to check your specific needs properly and make a choice from the list of shoes—based on what will work for you.