This is my review of the best sports water bottles for basketball in 2021.
One of the most important things to remember when playing basketball or any other sport is to stay hydrated.
You will not be performing at your best if you’re not drinking enough water before, during and after your game. Water helps regulate the temperature of your body and keeps your joints in good shape.
This is why you should always have a water bottle with you. But with dozens of different options on the market, which one should you go with?
With that in mind, we’re now going to take a look at a few of the best sports water bottles for basketball.
- If you want a bottle that looks great and functions even better, consider going with the Embrava Best Sports Water Bottle. It is durable, has a secure lid and comes in multiple different colors.
- If you want a large water bottle with a high capacity, look no further than the Under Armour Sideline 64 Ounce Water Jug. It can carry up to 64 oz and remains easy to carry with its strong fold-down carrying handle.
- If simplicity is more your style, consider the Gatorade Contour Style Squeeze Water Bottle. It is a simple squeezable water bottle, while still offering durability and leak resistance. These bottles are trusted amongst many NBA players and other professional athletes.
Who Should Get This
Essentially, anybody who is playing basketball or any other sport for a decent amount of time should have a water bottle with them.
There are few things worse than being thirsty or parched during a game. Water bottles are easy to take along with you, will easily fit in most bags and can often hold a lot of water and keep it cold.
Of course, if there is a water fountain at the court or you are simply playing in your yard, you may not need to bring a water bottle with you.
As long as you have easy access to water, you’ll be fine without a bottle.
Best Basketball Water Bottles: Our Top Picks
If you’re looking for an attractive water bottle that is both sleek and durable, this might be the one for you. It is ergonomically designed to be carried, and also comes with a convenient carrying strap. The lid is spill-proof and a simple one-touch button design on the lid makes it easy to drink from.
- Durable and impact resistant without being too bulky
- The lid is secured well and easy to open
- Fits in most cup holders
- Comes in a few different colors
- Doesn’t have any insulation
- Cannot be washed in the dishwasher
This is the perfect water bottle for the basketball player who loves to stay as hydrated as possible. This behemoth has a 64 oz capacity and will ensure you never run out of water on the court during a game. The lid is leak-resisting and the bottle itself is constructed very well. It is insulated with foam to make sure your water is kept cold for hours on end. It even comes with a fold-down handle.
- The water bottle is large enough for even the thirstiest players
- The lid is very quick and easy to access
- This bottle will keep your water cold, unlike many of its competitors
- It is too large to fit in nearly any cup holders
- It isn’t the lightest or easiest to carry around
- Some have complained it doesn’t last as long as it should
If you watch a lot of sports, including basketball, you have likely seen this water bottle before. Many professionals use it as it is incredibly simple and works well. It is durable while remaining incredibly easy to squeeze. They also hold 32 oz quite gracefully without being too large or heavy. Also, this product is sold in a set of two, so you always have a backup or can give a bottle to a family member or friend.
- Incredibly light, while remaining durable
- Provides a steady and consistent stream of water
- One of the easier water bottles to share with others, because of its squeezable design.
- Limited number of features
- Doesn’t keep contents cool
- The lid can be finicky to get screwed on right
Best Basketball Water Bottles: What to Consider
Material, Design and Color
Water bottles come in a variety of different materials. These include plastic, steel, glass, polycarbonate, and several others.
The material of a water bottle will determine how durable it is, how light it is and how much it can control the temperature of your water.
Also, as with any product you buy, you should like how it looks. Water bottles come in all sorts of different designs and colors, so you can surely find one you love.
Size and Capacity
Of course, the size of the water bottle you need is something to consider.
Some like a light and small water bottle, while others prefer one that is larger and capable of carrying more water.
Water bottles come in a range of different sizes, normally anywhere from 16 oz all the way up to 64 oz or so.
While all water bottles are inherently portable, some are definitely easier to carry around. For example, some will be ergonomically designed, have grip or might even have a carrying loop.
If you don’t have a bag or a pocket to carry your water bottle, you definitely need to consider how easy the bottle will be to take around before purchasing.
Useful Tips and Resources
While many water bottles are durable, be sure to treat your water bottle well. Constantly dropping it or tossing it around could hurt its ability to close and/or work properly.
If you are at a public gym or popular court, there is always a chance someone will have the same water bottle as you. So be sure to put your name or some other kind of marking on it.
Also, while sharing a water bottle is something we’ve done at one time or another, be sure you don’t share with anyone who is sick!
In addition to keeping you hydrated and playing your best, these water bottles can also help you celebrate the great play of your teammates and have a little fun like the NBA players in this video:
Staying hydrated while playing basketball is incredibly important.
You want a water bottle that is able to stand up to the elements, as well as be easy to take around with you and simple to use.
Hopefully, this guide has been able to help you find a water bottle you love and works for you.